Artist, Designer and Illustrator with 13 years of experience in Retail, Web, TV, Branding and Sponsorship/Events. Devoted to research and implementation of new technologies and trends that enhance strategy and improve the creative product. Multimedia artist who elevates creative beyond its initial potential through highly-developed illustration, wristing, video/photo capture, lighting, animation and overall construction skills. Highly skilled practitioner of the full Adobe Creative Suite, Valued mentor and supervisor of creative teams. Passionate about improving advertising by simply being better and smarter, regardless of the medium.
HavasCHI, Chicago IL.
Design Director—2010 to Current
Currently working across many different pieces of business, as well as being an integral part of the new business team, often leading, concepting, producing and presenting work to VP and SVP level Creative and Account Directors.
Responsible for leading a teams of art directors and copywriters to fulfill all retail, digital and brand executions. Manager of new media as well as organic growth within the client roster, working closely with SVP and VP Creative and Account Directors and Strategist tasked with growing agency business.
- Designer and manager of all creative materials, including production of TV, Print, Digital, Retail and Promotions initiatives, utilizing both internal and external vendors.
- Partner with senior strategy, account and creatives leads on new/organic business pitches, including the creation of pitch materials.
- Creator and director of IA and UX .
- Creator of brand books for retail and digital, photography and all visual executions.
Top Line Results
- Concepted, designed, built the digital architecture, presented and won the Sonic Menu of the Future bussiness,
- almost doubling our scope of work.
- Directly involved in the pitching, concepting and winning of several new business pitches.
- Direct, concept and build all the pre-pro books for all Sonic food photography, currently aquiring the responsibility of shooting all of the above the line photography. Significantly growing our scope in this discipline.
DRAFTFCB, Chicago Il.
Senior Art Director—2006 to 2010
Worked on many pieces of business across various channels and disciplines, reporting directly to VP and SVP Creative Directors. Acquired concepting, presentation, staff management and mentoring skills. Worked on several successful new business pitches, bringing in such clients as Kmart, LG, VW, Qwest and Bayer.
As Lead Creative at 361 Experiential worked on multiple million plus dollar accounts. Managed all creative generated in this small but highly successful sponsorship, event, digital, and promotions arm of DraftFCB. Concepted and designed visual communication of brands within the sports marketing arena. Directed photo and video shoots for both print, digital and television with professional athletes such as Adrian Peterson, Joe Mauer, Leandro Barbosa, Matt Holiday and Tony Peña. Pitched and developed organic growth opportunities.
- Designed and managed the creation of all creative materials, including the production of TV, Print, Digital, Retail and Promotions initiatives, utilizing both internal and external vendors.
- Worked closely with senior creatives on the concepting and designing of new business collateral including the design and production of RFI’s and RFP’s.
- Presented and designed new creative strategies to senior client teams in both white paper and executional stages.
- Interviewed potential talent and reviewed current creative and account service employees.
Top Line Results
- Concepted and designed Qwest Inside Connection: a series of websites designed to facilitate communication between sponsored collegiate and professional sports teams and fans. Program increased Qwest’s overall perception in targeted markets, translated into a higher retention rate specifically in declining student sector.
- Designed and managed production of the BCBS of Florida Power Of The Human Voice mobile tour.
- Event utilized a truck outfitted with consumer interfaces which captured over 10,000 testimonials and provided initial content for award-winning website.
- Directed and managed data capture of two fashion shows in LA and New York for Kmart’s Style Show-off social media initiative. As one of the most successful social media campaigns of 2008 it also provided client with four spokeswomen. Gave the agency the ability to create two impactful TV spots, which changed the overall perception of Kmart’s women’s apparel line.
Senior Art Director/Illustrator—Freelance
Contracted by agency to design and art direct retail elements for Coca-Cola’s 2011 Youth in retail campaign.
- Designed 125 year anniversary merchandiser.
- Illustrated initial concept sketches for Dasani’s visual impact at retail.
Senior Art Director—Freelance
Worked closely with senior agency creative and account leads to create in-line retail kits at such retailers as Best Buy, Ritz and CompUSA.
- Used and translated the artwork provided by the ATL agencies in Europe that produced successful retail kits. Kits expanded the agency scope, bringing in new assignments.
Complutense General de Madrid
Bachelor of Fine Arts